U.S. flag An official website of the United States government
Dot gov

Header area with Site logo, Search, Login, Register, and View Cart buttons

Request for a Personal Assistant

Please complete the Travel Reimbursement for Personal Assistant Form above, along with a CAP request form.

Need Assistance

Contact us from 8:00 am-4:30 pm Eastern Time by phone at (833) 227-3272 or (703) 614-8416, (571) 384-5629 VP, or anytime by email at cap@mail.mil.

Contact our CAPTEC facility from 8am-4pm Eastern Time by phone at (703) 693-5160, or anytime by email at cap.captec@mail.mil.

Travel Reimbursement for Personal Assistants

CAP provides reimbursable Military Interagency Purchase Requests (MIPR) to DoD Agencies for travel expenses incurred by a Personal Assistant while traveling with and providing care for a DoD employee. This allows the DoD employee to take full advantage of training opportunities that have a direct impact on their job.

CAP Guidelines on Travel Reimbursement for Personal Assistants

  1. Travel Orders - You must prepare and submit travel orders for the Personal Assistant. Travel orders should include airfare, per diem, and other travel costs (i.e. mileage, taxi, etc.).
  2. POC - You must provide your financial activity's point of contact to whom CAP will send the reimbursable MIPR. Provide the name, address, and phone and fax numbers.
  3. Justification - Include a detailed justification identifying the activities expected from the Personal Assistant.

Note: In order to meet budgetary constraints at the end of the Fiscal year, CAP will NOT process any MIPR's after JULY 1st of any year.