CAP provides CART services for Department of Defense (DoD) employees who are deaf and hard of hearing who attend job related training courses lasting two days or longer, but not to exceed two weeks. CAP has specific requirements that must be met in order to provide CART services. All requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and CAP may split the costs with the requesting office.
Request CART Services
Complete CAP Accommodation Request Forms for CART services must be submitted no less than 15 business days prior to the training/course. The Request Form is considered complete when CAP has all the information listed in the guidelines below. To request CART services, please submit a formal CAP Accommodation Request Form.
CAP Guidelines on CART Services
- CAP funds CART services for DoD employees who attend job related training sessions lasting two days or longer, but not to exceed two weeks.
- CAP will only consider funding services if the training is held at a DoD office or facility. Training held at non-DoD facilities and offices, including those occupied by CAP’s federal partners or private entities, are not eligible for consideration because the host, whether a federal agency or recipient of federal funds, has a legal obligation to ensure equal access.
- Please provide the following information when submitting a CAP request:
- Course/training title
- Copy of training/course description
- Copy of training/course registration
- Start and end dates
- Start and end times for each day
- Location of training/course
- Onsite point of contact (POC) information, including name, title, phone number and email address
- Any special instructions, such as: the need for cartographers with security clearances, parking arrangements, public transportation, etc…
- Please note, the requesting DoD agency must comply with the CART agency's cancellation policies (usually 48 or 72 hours). Please email the CAP Assessment Team at least one week (five business days) before the scheduled training/course if you need to cancel. Failure to comply with these policies may result in the requesting agency being responsible for any late cancellation fees.