CAP provides CART services for Department of Defense (DoD) deaf and hard of hearing employees who attend DoD job related training courses lasting two days or longer, but not to exceed two weeks. CAP has specific requirements that must be met in order to provide CART services. All requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and CAP may split the costs with the requesting office.
Request CART Services
CAP Request Forms for CART services must be submitted 20 business days prior to the training/course. To request CART services, please submit a formal CAP Request Form at the following link: CAP Request Form.
CAP Guidelines on CART Services
- CAP funds CART services for DoD job related training sessions lasting two days or longer, but not to exceed two weeks. Funds are not available for training sessions hosted by private entities. They are required by law to make their training sessions accessible.
- If a DoD job related training/course is conducted over several days, the total requested time must be at least 16 hours.
- Please provide the following information when submitting a CAP request:
- Copy of training/course description
- Copy of training/course registration
- Start and end dates
- Start and end times for each day
- Address of training/course
- Onsite point of contact (POC) information, including phone number and email address
- Any special instructions, such as: the need for cartographers with security clearances, parking arrangements, public transportation, etc…
- Please note, the requesting DoD agency must comply with the CART agency's cancellation policies (usually 48 or 72 hours). Please email the CAP Assessment Team at least one week (five business days) before the scheduled training/course if you need to cancel. For reasons other than personal emergency, the requesting agency may be held responsible for any late cancellation fees.